The position of executive secretary of the board is hereby created. The executive secretary shall be appointed by the board and shall serve as its chief administrator. He shall not be a member of the board, but shall be a full-time employee of the board, to be paid compensation in an amount to be determined by the board. The executive secretary shall perform such duties as may be prescribed by the board and shall employ such persons as he deems necessary and fix their compensation. He shall have no financial or business interests, contingent dealings or otherwise, in the security services investigative business, watch, guard, or patrol agency while so employed or for a period of five years thereafter.
A suitably qualified executive secretary of the board will have, at a minimum, a Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice, or a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, from an accredited university; or at least five (5) years of consecutive full-time law enforcement experience. Additionally, a qualified candidate will be versed in licensure, certification, credentialing, curriculum development and maintenance, law and rule drafting, legislative process, insurance vetting, workers’ compensation, application of laws and rules in a regulatory environment, and general human resource process and procedure. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered. Must be able to pass a criminal background.
- Overseeing day-to-day operations of agency & agency staff
- Management of staff supervisors
- Communicate with staff & provide feedback on their work & processes
- Assist staff with day-to-day operations when needed
- Work with financial department and CPA to assure agency is operating within budget
- Approve monthly bills & service payments
- Perform desk-level duties as needed
- Weekly or monthly meetings with different section heads to discuss, review, or approve their section’s paperwork (e.g., applications, investigations, training curricula, etc.)
- Assist with training new employees, when necessary
These are basic day to day duties and may include additional duties not listed to include working with local enforcement agencies when necessary.
LSBPSE is an Equal Opportunity Employer: We encourage qualified applicants from diverse backgrounds, culture, and professional experiences to apply.
PLEASE EMAIL ALL RESUMES TO BOARDCHAIR@LSBPSE.COM